Friday, August 29, 2008

Introducing Knitpix!

Dear Margaret,

The Professor has decided that we should start a business photographing knitwear - he has determined it shall be called KnitPix, which I hereby copyright (I expect to hear from the KnitPicks people any minute now). BEHOLD, the wonders of a brand new Nikon D40 with accessorizing lens filter! Ooh and ahh! Prepare to be amazed!!




Or not. Whatever. As you can see, the back of my Sunshine Cardi is almost complete. Phew! It has taken awhile, and I still have the front panels, arms, blocking and finishing to do. A knitter's job is never done, as they say. Or as I say. I love how soft the yarn is and the seed stitch (or is it moss stitch? I always get them confused) looks fabulous, but the cotton/silk combo makes it quite sheddy, which I find endlessly annoying.


Oh, and the wedding was lovely and most everything went smoothly (except for a slight ringbearer meltdown, but 2 year olds are not known for handling these things particularly well). We didn't take shawl pics until the post-wedding brunch, but you get the idea.



The idea that basically we are hot. Hott, even. Geez, I totally need to work on my posture. I'm the slouch queen.

Oh, and here's something to keep you occupied while I'm in Ireland for two weeks. My friend Jenn had it on her blog and I love the random mingling of Flickr photos:



Concept:
1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
2. Using only the first page, pick an image.
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.http://www.flickr.com/search/http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php (choose four columns and three rows, also choose individual URL's)


1. What is your first name? Anna
2. What is your favorite food? Thai
3. What school did you go to? WWU (Western Washington University)
4. What is your favorite color? Green
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Elijah Wood - shut up, he's not gay!
6. Favorite drink? Coffee
7. Dream vacation? Africa
8. Favorite dessert? Chocolate Chip Cookies
9. What you want to be when you grow up? Happy
10. What do you love most in life? Domesticity
11. One word to describe you. Knitter
12. Your nickname. Stitch (thanks Ben)

Cool, right?! Give it a whirl.

1 comment:

Beth said...

1) The shawls look great! ( I can't even tell yours sat in a parking lot one weekend)
2) I am so jealous of your trip to Ireland! I can't wait to see pics with the new camera, of which I am also very jealous.
3) I like that box thingy.